The Kancil Story
Why Do We Use Kancil as the Mascot ?
Kancil is a small mouse deer, usually known as “Sang Kancil” with a reputation as a clever animal in many folk and children stories in Malaysia. “Sang Kancil” stories are published in many books written by Malaysian and international authors such as Georges Voisset, a French author in the book with title ‘Tales from the Deep Forest: The Very Curious Adventure of Kancil the Mouse Deer’ (2015). Malaysian children in the past grew up with “Sang KIancil” short animated series, which was created in 1970 by Hassan Mutalib, one of the pioneers in the Malaysian animation industry. Until today, “Sang Kancil” remain close to Malaysians as a timeless symbol of cleverness in the Malaysian folk tradition.
1st March 2021
early registration closed
25 March 2021
Normal registration open
26 March 2020
16 June 2021
K-DAY (Kancil day)
6 July 2021
10 August 2021
- Teachers need to sign up for a school account at Pandai Guru on www.pandai.org.
- The first successful registered teacher for each school will be the Leader.
- The leader can add other teachers to help with the registration process. Other registered teachers than the Leader will be called Deputy.
- Leader and Deputy can both register students.
- Leader is responsible for the payments and chooses the competition method (online/offline).
- Leader must fill in the preferred competition method (online/offline) in the Pandai Guru (app atau www.pandai.org) before the registration closing date (11 June 2021).
- Leader and Deputy can organize the competition during the competition day.
- The registration is complete when there is no outstanding payment.
- Leader and Deputy will receive the competition instructions through Pandai Guru one week before the competition.
- Leader and Deputy are advised to enforce the standard examination/competition regulations on the competition day.
- Leader and Deputy will organize the competition at their own school/location.
- Leader and Deputy must adhere to the competition instruction stated in the competition manual.
- Leader or Deputy must fill in the start time in the Pandai Guru at www.pandai.org.
- Leader or Deputy provides a picture during the competition and attaches the picture in the Pandai Guru at www.pandai.org.
- Leader or Deputy agrees to the Honor Statement in the Pandai Guru at www.pandai.org.
- Leader and Deputy make sure that all the registered students have completed the competition during the competition period.
- Leader and Deputy will receive the competition result one month after the competition at Pandai Guru on www.pandai.org.
- Leader and Deputy will receive the e-certificates for all participants on Pandai Guru at www.pandai.org.
- Leader and Deputy distribute the e-certificates to all participants.
- The physical certificates and medals will be delivered to the Leader after 2 months.